Custom Search

Tuesday, 30 September 2014

Chilli Jam

An all time favourite with my customers!  Even my mother-in-law, who hates anything with chilli, loves this!!

Serve with fried cheese such as breaded camembert, grilled prawns.

Relatively quick to make but can take some practice until you have the perfect consistency.  I don't make this too hot but if you like a bit more kick you can use a hotter chilli or add more cayenne.






Here's my recipe;

12-15 medium green chillis (I use the spanish pimiento del padron) De-seeded and finely chopped
1 small onion finely chopped
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
1 tsp cayenne (optional)
25 ml white wine vinegar
100 ml orange juice
75 ml ketchup
50 ml clear honey
splash olive oil

Put the olive oil, onion, garlic and chillis in a pan and fry for 2 minutes over a medium to low heat.  Do not allow the garlic or onion to colour.  Add the wine vinegar and cook for 30 seconds before adding the orange juice, honey and ketchup.  Add some cayenne depending how hot you like it!  Allow to simmer and reduce until you have a syrupy jam consistency. Can be served warm but I prefer to let the jam cool in the fridge.